Tel: 0800 955 2027

Pest Control Services

Common Searches

Rat Poison

Rat poison in another term for the rodenticide used in the control of rats. Rodenticides are used in the control of rats and mice. They act as an anticoagulant, reducing the amount of vitamin K needed in rodents to produce much needed blood clotting. Without the vitamin K, damage is caused to the blood vessels causing internal bleeding and haemorrhaging. When rats have eaten enough of the poison these effects will usually take place between 4 and 7 days. There are two main types of rat poison, first generation and second generation. First generation poisons require a higher concentration of poison - attractant, and intake over a consecutive number of days to reach the desired effect. Second generation poisons are more toxic. They usually only take a single feed to reach the desired effect but has a secondary poisoning danger, meaning any other animal eating a dead rat that has been killed with a second generation poison, is in danger of being poisoned also, which would not happen if a first generation poison was in use.

See Also: Rat Control London , damage caused by rats , diseases carried by rats , rat burrow , rat droppings , rat fumigation , rat proofing , rat treatment , rat poison , rodent control , weils disease , dead rats